I must admit, I didn’t always love Shakeology.
Even though I researched Shakeology’s ingredients and thought they were amazing, for a long time, I was into making my own real food smoothies.
Due to budget constraints, I thought that making my own smoothies from scratch was the best I could do, and the best I could afford. They were healthy all right, but they didn’t taste very good!
But when I decided to take a chance on the 100% money back, bottom of the bag guarantee, I ordered a Challenge Pack, which came with a 30-day supply of Shakeology, and signed up as a Team Beachbody Coach to get the biggest discount.
A short time later, Angie appreciated the many benefits of Shakeology so she needed her own supply if we were to both drink it daily. Now we buy 2 bags of Shakeo every month (Vegan Chocolate and Vegan Tropical Strawberry), and we wouldn’t have it any other way.
I know what you’re thinking: Dang, that’s expensive, so how can I swing it?
Well, with just a few tweaks to our spending habits we found it extremely doable. Here’s how we do it…
How I Can Afford TWO bags of Shakeology Every Month
Things we DO NOT buy:
• We DO NOT buy fancy coffee drinks. This sounds crazy to some of you who “need” coffee like air, but we don’t do coffee at all. This is easy for us. It is possible to wean yourself off coffee. Take baby steps; reduce the drive thru trips at first, and pay yourself for the money you save. That jar will add up fast. You can replace your foo-foo coffee with a much cheaper home brew. Ask yourself why you need coffee. Is it the taste of coffee (and all the sweetners that go with it), or is the the caffeine shot? Either way, the Cafe Latte Shakeo has you covered.
• We DO NOT buy gum, candy, cookies, snackie things, or desserts. It wouldn’t make any sense to care enough about our health that we buy the best shake on the planet to nourish ourselves with and then turn around and tear down our health by filling our body with junk food. Truth be told, you will occasionally find treats in our house – for special occasions, for Brandon, etc., we are human after all. But we are quite picky about the ingredients of our treats (whole grain tortilla chips, Kind bars, fruit popsicles, etc.)
• We DO NOT eat out very often. Some months, we eat out twice (or order in), and other months, we eat out zero. We buy good food from the store and make good meals at home.
• We DO NOT subscribe to cable TV. We watch so many things online. We haven’t paid for cable in 15 years and don’t miss it at all.
• We DO NOT have a fancy phone or expensive plan. Angie’s phone is 3 generations old, and I’ve never owned a phone other than what is provided for work.
• We DO NOT have a gym membership. Instead, we work out right in the living room, at the touch of the remote, with Beachbody On Demand programs that are created by some of the best trainers on the planet. Plus, it costs me ZERO gallons of gas getting to and from my workouts.
• We DO NOT buy extra vitamins and minerals. Because Shakeology delivers dense superfood ingredients, and with our healthy eating strategy, we do not need additional supplements. Note: I’m not saying you can immediately quit ALL vitamins/ supplements recommended by your doctor to treat your special circumstances, but it’s very possible that you can!
Why I Think Shakeology Is a Great Deal
• Shakeology helps curb my junk food cravings.*† Because it’s so nutritionally dense, Shakeology gives my body what it needs in a form that can be easily absorbed. Plus, it’s so incredibly delicious that it feels like I’m having a treat. It’s the best of both worlds!
• Shakeology is super convenient. Just add it to water and it mixes easily. Or take 2 minutes and blend it with ice, banana, frozen fruit, peanut butter, or whatever suits you (find tons of delicious recipes here) to make a super filling meal. That’s how we roll.
• Shakeology is packed with nutrient dense real food. I used to buy separate “superfoods” to add to my smoothies. Then I realized that I was spending way more on my separate ingredients per month, even from discount sources, than I would spend on Shakeology.
Compared to what I used to spend, I’m actually saving money by purchasing Shakeology!
Why My Body Loves This Stuff
Before becoming a Shakeology fan, when I looked into the ingredients of other shakes there was always something in them that made it a compromise for my health goals.
I have a digestive health issue, so there are some ingredients I have to watch out for. Shakeology is the first shake that is filled with ingredients that are ALL the ones that I can have. I drink the Plant-Based Vegan flavors and have been thriving on them.
During the time that I thought I could not afford Shakeology, even though I was very impressed with it, I still thought I didn’t need it. But once I took inventory on the benefits I was experiencing (regular digestion, less bloating, more energy & mental clarity, improved skin, boosted immunity, etc.) I realized that I was not getting this result from all the other homemade tricks I made, or the cheap powders and potions I tried. I was convinced that Shakeology is all that I was looking for, and more.
And yes, I drink it every single day! It’s “bottom of the blender good.”
My Secret Weapon
I believe that Shakeology affects my body in the best possible way when I drink it every day. If I only drank it every other day, my results would not be as great. If I only drank it a couple times a week, my results would be even less.
I get great results because I drink it every single day. It’s my secret weapon. It wasn’t until I had been using it every day for a while that I realized what a difference Shakeology could make in my life, and I can say with 100% confidence that it works.
It is so powerful, simply because it is a blend of some of the most densely nutritious ingredients that money can buy — and to me, it’s worth it. I am worth it. My health is worth it.
Ready to take the next step?
Then set yourself up for success with a Beachbody Challenge Pack: You get Shakeology, a full year of unlimited workouts on Beachbody On Demand, and a free Team Beachbody Coach (me) who can help support and motivate you to stay on track. Start here!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
†Vitamins C, B6, and B12 contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism.